February 24, 2009

YOU ARE MY PANCAKE, MY ONLY PANCAKE

Happy Fat Tuesday and Happy National Pancake Day!

Mardi Gras and National Pancake Day have gone together for several centuries dating back to when the English prepped for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products...hence the name Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday.

I hope you celebrate and enjoy a pancake or two or seven!

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 ½ cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
  • blueberries to your heart's desire

    1. Whisk ingredients – lumps are ok!
    2. Cook on a hot skillet while singing You are My Sunshine, except change the words to You are My Pancake, my only pancake
    3. Enjoy every bite!
  • 1 comment:

    Silverthornes said...

    Okay, first of all, that would be WAY better than my Pioneer brand pancakes and secondly, you can NEVER have too many blueberries in my opinion.