September 27, 2007

A WEEK WITHOUT YOU

I apologize for the absence of posts this past week. All of my extra Internet time has been spent uploading photos to our new Flickr site. Bryan and Andrea gave me a "Pro" account for my birthday, which means I can upload thousands of pictures! It's been fun to go back and see pictures from the last eight or so years; and really fun to organize them all into Collections and Sets. (That's dorky Flickr speak. Holla to my Flickr Peeps!)

So what is up in Bussey world?

Well, I've had a birthday. Yes, I had a great year 28; and have become a fine 29. My friend, Stacy, made the most delicious PINK cupcakes and brought them to me at work. That's right, I had three pink cupcakes for breakfast on my birthday. What a great way to start the day! My Mom, Dad, Bryan, Andrea and Aubrey came down for the weekend to help us celebrate. We had a nice time just hanging around the house, eating out at some of my favorite spots including Amy's Ice cream, and visiting the Farmer's Market. It became apparent over the weekend that Aubrey is kinda partial to her Uncle Buss. (Darrell, don't be jealous.)

Aaron and I got to go to the UT vs. Rice football game last Saturday. We went early to tailgate with Trisha and Daryl and the infamous Texas Tailgaters. This group really knows how to do it. They have been tailgating UT sporting events for at least fifteen years! A big BBQ Smoker pulls up on a flatbed trailer to cook up enough food to feed an army. Tents are set up to shade the chairs gathered around the flat-screen t.v. which is tuned in to other football games until the 'Horns kick-off. The Texas Tailgaters set up right at Trinity and MLK, basically across the street from the stadium - prime spot for hootin' and hollerin' with all the fans on their way to the game. TEXAS! FIGHT! We had a lot of fun at the game. In addition to beatin' the white off Rice (I heart Colt McCoy), we saw a camera man be knocked over by a shot from Smokey the Cannon and Aaron learned all the right times to "Hook 'Em" during the fight song. Texas Fight! Texas Fight! Yea Texas Fight!

What else? OH! We had new carpet put in our bedrooms! YAY! The old carpet was soooo ready to go. It told me. It was stained and worn out. Rhett was able to get some extra carpet at no cost to us (or him) from a house he was building. So that made it especially nice! Sadie approves of the soft new floor.

On Sunday, we had what Aaron sadly believes, will be our last lake day for Summer 2007. Granted, technically it was officially the first day of Fall, but we all know that in Texas, "Fall" don't mean squat. It was a beautiful day on Lake Travis. Not too crowded as most folks are in the back-to-school routine; not too hot, because it was, after all, a Fall day; the water was perfect; great friends. This time we had two tubes going behind the boat. It was DOUBLE the fun to be out there with another person. Aaron and I were even able to tube together. Of course, he fell off before me.

And I'll leave you with this sweet picture of Aaron and his baby-dog. Sometimes I think Scoop gets more cuddlin' than me.

No comments: