March 11, 2008

FORTUNE

Well, here we are. I would say we've been on a rollercoaster, but we really haven't. It was more like the Log Ride. Tick, tick, tick, up, up, up, oh the anticipation! Then, whoosh! we take a speeding nosedive yet miraculously avoid whiplash because some engineer calculated the exact weight and amount of water and angle of impact and points of harness so no one would be sued, and get soaked because we were sitting in front and didn't duck, then exit the Log and walk around with wet pants and squishy shoes for a few hours. Yeah, it was kind of like that.

Luckily the Log Ride is pretty fun, and we'd do it again.

Aaron and I ordered Chinese food Saturday night and watched movies. That's one of our favorite things to do - order Chinese food and veg on the couch. Well, maybe not a favorite. After I wrote that, I realized it's really not a favorite, but it is something we enjoy quite a bit. Anyway, probably the best part about Chinese food is reading our fortunes. And no, we do not add "in bed" to the end of every fortune. Geez, don't be so immature. We've had some really great fortunes. If you look around our house you might even find a few posted here and there. I love fortunes because they are so generic, often ridiculous, and most always very applicable to your life at any given moment.

So Saturday night, I finished my last bite of General Tso's Chicken, wiped my mouth, closed up my styrofoam, and reached for my fortune cookie.

When I read it, Aaron and I both fell out laughing. As in uncontrollable, face contorting, tear producing, stomach cramping laughing. We'd start to compose ourselves, but as soon as we'd look at one another we'd die laughing again.

It was one of those blissful moments of marriage where you know that is the only other person in the world who is thinking and feeling exactly what you are. And you're so glad they are there; and you know everything is going to be okay.

My fortune on Saturday night: Don't give up. Your problem gets better next month.

in bed

No comments: