January 25, 2008

EXTREME MAKEOVER, CHAIR EDITION

Several months ago, Aaron spotted this old chair and its twin at a dumpster. Although they were covered in old, dirty vinyl, they were overflowing with personality and spirit and I knew they could have a new life if only given the chance. So we adopted them, loaded them in the truck and brought them to our home.


Then the fun began! What will make these chairs feel fabulous? A bold colorful print? A subtle graphic design? A solid texturized fabric? After many hours of searching for the right new fabric, Aaron even clocked some minutes in the search, I finally chose a classic neutral - it's soft with a bit of texture and the color is such that I will be able to accent the chairs with colorful pillows and use the pair with different color schemes as time goes on. In short, they're versatile.
Are you ready for the big reveal?


MOVE THAT BUS!

TA DA!!



Aren't they cool?! I had the small yellow pillows made out of similar fabric. It's hard to see the detail, but there is a design that gives the pillows more interest. If you click on the picture, a larger version will open.

I love the chairs! I still need to stain the legs a darker color, but I am so pleased with how they've turned out!

No comments: