December 31, 2007

2007 OUT

So long 2007. It's been a weird year. I am glad to have lived through you. I am glad to have grown through you. And I am glad for you to become a memory.

No doubt, 2007 has set the stage for 2008. Good and Bad. But at least it's unknown to us now. We have an inkling of the things to come in '08, but we can only trust and follow and have faith. And tonight I am going to enjoy my wine and the company of my sweet husband and my puppies and be hopeful of the new year.

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.
John Steinbeck

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.
Battle Hymn of the Republic

The angel thrust his sickle into the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles.
Revelation 14:19-20

From the terrible winepress will come terrible wrath. But also deliverance.

No comments: