November 29, 2007

SPECIAL MEMORIES

This is probably my most favorite Christmas decoration. About seven Christmases ago I was being crafty and making ornaments, and Aaron joined in and created this reindeer. It is really delicate, but I've kept it all these years, packing it safely away each January so as not to lose an eye or a leg or the tail. Among the ornaments we hung on the tree when I was a kid is a Santa Claus my Dad made when he was in grade school. It's an egg shell with cotton for his beard and hat fur, and sequins for the face. Pretty amazing it lasted, intact, all these years. We always take great care with it. The fact that I even have a picture of it should say something. I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't actually have pictures of all the ornaments ever hung on our Christmas Trees.

No comments: